One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Saturday, April 26, 2008

#193 - The Earth Moved Under My Feet

Last night, at 11:40pm, I was jolted out of my sleep by a rumbling earthquake that shook our entire house. While I have felt small earthquakes in the past, I've never been in such a large one (it measured a 4.9). Nevada is the third most seismically-active state in the Union, a little-known fact that I learned as a tour guide of my esteemed University... and even though we've had something like 100 or so small quakes in the past week-or-so, the previous largest one was only 4.2. I was home for that one too, but it was just before dinner time and not nearly as scary. TLG slept through last night's festivities (?) but my hubby says both the dogs knew something was coming 15 minutes before it happened. (He was downstairs watching TV at the time.) The newsmedia would have us believe that this is just a prelude to something bigger coming. We'll see.

No comments: