One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Friday, April 11, 2008

#181 - Go Red

The local chapter of the American Heart Association held their annual "Go Red for Women" fundraising luncheon today, and I got to attend. It was a nice affair with an inspirational keynote speaker, rubber chicken for lunch, a raffle and auction component, and plenty of take-away gifts. What made today's lunch memorable for me was the way they asked for additional donations from everyone in attendance: they had four testimonials about women and heart disease, followed by an impassioned ask for donations which referred us to the donation forms on our table... and then, in order to "give us time to fill out the forms" they had two women get up and sing a version of Mariah Carey's song "Hero". Talk about inspiring!

No comments: