One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Saturday, April 5, 2008

#176 - Alone, but Not Really

*NOTE: I've re-written this post three times now, trying to get the words right. This is the best I can do.

One of my good friends, a regular reader of this blog, recently lost her mother, and I have been thinking about my friend since I got the news early this week. Having only met her mother once or twice, I can't say I knew her personally, but today I attended her service all by myself. (By way of explanation: Having only attended a few services in my life, I don't have much experience to draw on, but I've always been with family or close friends on occasions like this. Anymore, I don't often do things by myself, but it was important to me that my friend knew I support her and her family during this time.) After hearing about all this wonderful lady did for her circle of loved ones, church members, and the community at large, I am sorry I didn't get a chance to know her better. And to my dear friend, please know you are in my thoughts all the time.

No comments: