One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Thursday, April 17, 2008

#186 - Groom's Cake

Today, in honor of our anniversary, I had a cake delivered to my incredible hubby... not just any cake, but one from a new store in town: Nothing Bundt Cakes. Having never heard of this franchise before, I thought we should give them a try. When I ordered it, I thought it was overpriced for a cake that was only supposed to feed 8 people, but of course that included the delivery price and some extra money for plates, forks and a plastic server. Well, the cake was delivered on time, but they forgot to leave the utensils and plates. Plus the enclosed card didn't have my hubby's name, or mine either. I had to call them to get the utensils delivered again. After all the confusion, we settled in to try their chocolate turtle bundt cake. It was very tasty, moist and the frosting wasn't too sweet or overbearing. Apparently everybody at my husband's workplace liked it and there weren't any leftovers, so in that sense it was a hit. Happy anniversary to us!

No comments: