One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

#85 - Christmas Eve New Thing

MONDAY, December 24
We were with family for Christmas Eve, but we didn't have dinner tonight. At least not in the sense of a normal family holiday-type get together. For the first time, our family admitted to our obsession with appetizers, and we just had appetizers, fudge and Christmas cookies for dinner. Many of our favorites were there: hot artichoke dip, spinach dip, shrimp cocktail, and cookies, cookies, cookies (thanks to my brother-in-law, the world's best cookie maker). Sure, there was a burrito bar, and some tamales and enchiladas available for those who wanted something more substantial... but who noticed when there were yummy appetizers to be had? Not me!

NOTE: The photo is the little guy having a piggyback ride, and peeking into the dining room where everyone had gathered to munch. We had all sorts of fun, and stayed up way past bed time!

No comments: