One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Saturday, December 15, 2007

#77 - Come On Baby, Light my Fire

I made a candle today. Actually, I made two candles - one with a Christmasy smell, the other for the rest of the year. I was so glad to complete today's new thing with my dear friend (who I miss working with!) - it was her suggestion to go, and she went with me to show me the ropes. There's a place in town called Flicker where you choose the shape/size, scent, and colors, then you arrange chunks of colored wax and they fill in the holes with the scent you choose. NOTE: I picked up my creations on Sunday because there was a birthday party in there at the same time, and there were lots of candles being made. It was so exciting to see the finished product!

No comments: