One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Sunday, November 25, 2007

#58 - I love a parade


On Saturday, we took TLG to the Santa Parade in Sacramento. This was TLG's first parade experience, and our first time as a family to enjoy this tradition. A distant family member was marching in a high school band, so we went to cheer him on... but it was so much more than just a little parade! It was an hour long, and TLG really seemed to be enthralled with all the fire trucks, horses, marching bands, unicycles, police motorcycles, and everything else. His favorite was the Shriners on their little motorized mini-cars. At the beginning of the parade, he just sat in his stroller, watching passively. About halfway through, he sat forward and started saying "again!" Our whole family enjoyed this tradition and I hope we'll do it again next year.

No comments: