One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Thursday, November 22, 2007

#57 - Thanksgiving, Part 2


As noted in the previous post, our little family stayed home today
to celebrate Thanksgiving in quarantine (since TLG is sick). This was the first holiday either of us adults have had without our larger families around. I found today to be a mixed bag: it was nice to have a day with no pressure to do anything - especially with a sick kiddo to worry about (he got up extremely early this morning and then slept a good portion of mid-day). I did get to do some of my favorite Thanksgiving things: watch the Macy's parade, take a nap, eat yummy food. But I missed the chaos of being with family and celebrating the holiday together, even if my hubby was adorable and got the living room furniture configured to accomodate Christmast decorations. Here's a photo we took with the timer on the camera and TLG had just taken a huge bite of mashed potatoes.

No comments: