One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Monday, November 12, 2007

#48 - Ladies who Lunch

Today, the little guy (TLG) and I went out to lunch with an old friend and her one-year-old daughter. We were planning to try a new restaurant named Sup (prounounced "soup") but they were closed for Veterans' Day, so we ended up at my favorite Chinese place instead. TLG has lots of experience with Chinese food (yum!) so I wasn't worried about the food. Most of the time, taking TLG out to eat is a study of multi-tasking at its finest... make him comfortable, get him a snack, order something for everybody, keep him occupied, help him eat. Not to mention trying to keep up on the conversation! And just about always, I have another family member around to help. But today it was just me and him, and we did great. TLG is shy around people he doesn't know, plus we played really hard at home this morning (so he was quiet and hungry, a great time to go out to eat). My friend is always fun to be with, and we had a good time catching up, comparing notes on parenting, and just being out and about.

No comments: