One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Thursday, November 15, 2007

#50 - Boo hoo

Today's story is insignificant in the grand scheme of life, more of an observation than a new thing, but here goes: This evening I spent a bunch of time playing with the little guy (TLG), just the two of us. At one point, I was lying on the couch with my eyes closed, pretending to sleep and "snore" (which TLG thinks is hilarious). He was sneaking up on me, as always, so I could open my eyes and say "boo!" We play this game a lot. But tonight, during the course of the game, TLG took the big blanket I was lying under. I pretended to start to cry, and he got very concerned, brought the blanket back, and insisted that I take it. I've never cried in front of TLG before, so I had no idea what he would do, and I assumed he would just ignore me and keep doing his own thing. But TLG melted my heart with that one... he knew I was sad and wanted to help. I know my child is a sensitive type, but I had no idea! He must have inherited that from his daddy. (OK, I'm a softie, so maybe I helped with that gene a little as well.)

No comments: