One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Thursday, February 28, 2008

#143 - Looong Walks

The little guy and I had a great adventure this afternoon in the neighborhood, and took an hour-long walk without a stroller, diaper bag, or any other aids to help us. Sure, we've walked around our little cul-de-sac before, but that's pretty much all we've done by ourselves. This afternoon the weather was perfect, so we took off in one direction, and before we returned we had seen: an ambulance, fire truck, police car and motorcycle cop trying to help one of our neighbors; all sorts of random cars, trucks, and a school bus; we'd talked about what is a fire hydrant and how we use it; and had a heart-breaking exchange about a stray dog. (TLG: "That's not C.J." Mommy: "No." Then Mommy had to stop herself from crying all over again.)

About 45 minutes into our walk, TLG said he was ready to go home. Of course we weren't anywhere near home... so we made it fun by kicking a rock down the sidewalk for a while, and when he couldn't take it anymore and started talking about wanting a drink of water and a new diaper, I carried him the last two blocks. (Now, excuse me while I go get some ibuprofen and a heating pad for my sore back.)

No comments: