One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

#129 - Broken Dish

On the subject of parenting, I remember being so frustrated as a kid when I broke something accidentally. Like I was a klutz and my parents were going to be SO mad. Tonight I was letting TLG help me load the dishwasher, and he dropped a plate and it shattered into a bunch of pieces. Of course, I've broken my fair share of things in my life, and TLG has also broken a couple --- but none of his "conquests" have been shattered and therefore a hazard to him. If I had broken it, I would have been really mad at myself, but I found with TLG that I was very calm, asked my dear hubby to keep TLG away so I could clean it up... and after rehearsal tonight, I hopped on eBay to buy a few more plates in our pattern (so we have a few spares, just in case). So now I'm prepared for next time!

1 comment:

Marleta said...

Ah, that eBay thing is a great idea, especially since we got our dishes at Pier One, which is now closed. You're smart!!