One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Sunday, March 16, 2008

#158 - My Civil Rights

This morning, I was approached outside the grocery store and asked to sign a petition. I've certainly signed before, most often at the University for some issue or another. But today, I signed a petition to help get an issue put on the November ballot! The woman explained that they're trying to re-direct the money from the room taxes towards other things than what it's currently going towards - one of the new things being having a portion of that money go towards education. As I believe education in our county could use as much help as we can afford, I thought that was a good idea.

No comments: