One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Saturday, March 8, 2008

#152 - Empty-Handed

Our little family, including our dog Ellie, visited the Nevada Humane Society today to try to pick out a new canine companion for us. As an adult, I've only ever visited the pound/NHS once, on the day we chose Ellie (whose name was something else at the time). So today we visited the dog shelter and came home empty-handed. That's not to say we didn't see lots of nice-looking dogs, of course. We even took one out to the exercise yard. She was a cream-colored lab mix who was more interested in chasing a ball than in introducing herself to us humans (if I were in her shoes, I might have done the same, as a matter of fact). She seemed like a nice enough dog, but we didn't get the right vibe, so she stayed at the shelter. We did put our name on a waiting list for one of the dogs in the pound side of the shelter, who will be available Wednesday if her owners don't find her by then. So we'll see how that goes. TLG was a little intimidated by the dogs barking, and made us carry him most of the time. But Ellie did great, I was very impressed with her!

No comments: