One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

#155 - Whatever Lola Wants

Today our family adopted a dog from the Nevada Humane Society. They told us she was a stray, so they don't know anything about her... but they were guessing she was 3 years old and probably a yellow labrador retriever. (That's her in the photo with TLG, me, and our other dog Ellie.) After much debate over a name, we thought we had chosen Lola, because as they say, "Whatever Lola wants, Lola gets!" But after a lot more talking, we finally chose Penny. It just seems to fit her calm attitude and loving nature.
They gave her a microchip and spayed her first thing this morning, so we know she's not feeling 100% just yet. So far, she's the most mellow dog I've ever met! She does seem very OK with our toddler and dominant dog Ellie, so far she hasn't even barked once (though she did growl for a second at the cats at the shelter). Penny also seems house-trained (what a blessing!) and has already gotten the hang of the doggy doors. Mostly so far she just wants to be with people and has been following us around. Welcome, Penny!

No comments: