One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

#149 - Hunger Strike

I think TLG is on a hunger strike... not really, of course, since he's been in the habit of eating whenever he wants, being at home for the past month. Today was his first day back at day care following his recovery, and he just didn't want to eat breakfast. They said he ate well during the day, but I certainly wasn't around to see it. And for dinner, we got pizza, which he usually enjoys, but tonight he wasn't having any of it. So today's new thing: My child did not eat in front of me, and I refuse to worry about it. (On a normal day, this would freak me out.) I'm sure he ate plenty at day care, and if he were hungry, I'm sure he would speak up. His vocabulary is excellent, and he knows how to find food if he wants it. What a relief.

No comments: