One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Friday, October 26, 2007

#32 - Happy Nevada Day!


Nevada Day - the anniversary of the state's admission to the union - is celebrated on the last Friday of October each year. Since I had the day off and the little guy's day care was closed, we got to spend the day hanging out. It was wonderful! My favorite part was playing with play-doh together. Someone at our trick-or-treat outing last week gave us some black play-doh instead of candy (what a good idea for a little guy!). It was obvious that he'd already had plenty of experience with the stuff, since he only tried to put it in his mouth once. But I'd never done it with him, and it was fun. The play-doh smelled exactly the way I remembered it from my childhood, too. (The photo was taken just after I took the brand new play-doh out of the the container, and before we got messy.)

3 comments:

NYCynical said...

Hi Kate,
I just wanted to let you know that I read your blogs every week. I try to every day, but sometimes that just doesn't happen. But I do get to them eventually and am glad you are doing this. It keeps me up to date with you. Sorry to hear about your poor legs. Picture was pretty cute!
Just wanted to let you know that Nevada Day is my second favorite holiday (after Thanksgiving and before Christmas). I wish it was still celebrated on the actual day (Halloween)instead of the observed day, but I understand that people like to have 3day weekends. The boys and I went to the parade (like we do every year) and had a great time. Glad you got to enjoy your day off!

NYCynical said...

By the way, this is Mary...

Kate K. said...

Yay a comment! I'm glad you mentioned it's you, Mary - I was a little lost at first. Thanks for saying hi! We thought about going to the parade but it just didn't work with everything else we had our on calendar. Thanks again!