One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

#30 - Bruised ego

A few days ago, I fell down a bunch of stairs in front of a group of people. On top of being totally embarrassing, I also bruised both my shins pretty badly. So to try to encourage my legs to heal faster, today I did some research on remedies for bruises. Did you know that some people put butter on their bruises, or drink apple cider vinegar to prevent them from turning black-and-blue? I guess they do. My favorite suggestion, though, was that you tie a bullfrog to the bruise - belly-down - in order to ward off the changing colors. Wow, people have some weird "helpful hints!" Since we don't generally have bullfrogs available at our house, I've included my own version of this remedy in the hopes that my legs will feel better soon. Enjoy.

2 comments:

M.O.M. said...

You always make me smile!!
M.O.M.

AW said...

Oh my heavens, I think I laughed out loud for 20 seconds at this concept (I had already read the blog entry but hadn't seen the photo yet). Please google for the nuttiest photo contest and consider submitting this (there's a new thing for THAT day) and see what kind of prize you win.This is the BEST. LY, AW