One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Friday, September 19, 2008

#322 - Shot-sized Desserts

I won't kid you, our family loves to eat desserts. But we find in a restaurant, we aren't usually hungry enough to try one after a delicious meal. Tonight, though, we found the perfect restaurant dessert: tiny cakes served in shot glasses, courtesy of Chili's. They had a bunch of yummy-sounding flavors, and were less than $2 each so we each got one: I ordered Key Lime pie, my wonderful hubby ordered red velvet cake, and we chose strawberry cheesecake for TLG. When they arrived, TLG decided Daddy's dessert looked even better than the strawberry one, so he "stole" it, leaving Daddy with strawberry (which he doesn't really like, but since it was mostly cheesecake, he "forced" it down). Everybody enjoyed theirs very much, and TLG ate every last morsel, even the crumbs that fell on the table... they were a great size and a wonderful finish to a great meal.

No comments: