One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Sunday, September 7, 2008

#313 - Reno Balloon Races


This morning we took TLG to his first Balloon Race. We did set the alarm for 4:00am and at that time discussed whether or not to go at 5:00 for the Glow Show and Dawn Patrol, but decided sleep was more important. So we headed down at around 8:45am and parked in a lot across the street from the park where the event is held. TLG had seen the balloons in the sky for the past few mornings, including a breakfast balloon party at the daycare on Friday, so he was really excited to see them a little closer. As it happened, one balloon had already set down on the other end of the parking lot so we walked closer to see it. (See photo taken on my hubby's camera phone - that's me in the pink, with TLG and the balloon we saw!) They invited TLG to go stand in the basket with a bunch of other kids and the owner, but he said no. So instead we got up right next to the basket and looked up into the giant balloon. It was humongous! We stayed and looked at the balloons in the air for about half an hour, and made an appointment on next year's calendar to go to the Races on purpose.

No comments: