One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Friday, November 16, 2007

#51 - The sweet smell of home

Our still-fairly-new house smelled pretty good when we moved in. This could be because my wonderful hubby and his dad spent all day shampooing the carpets throughout, or it could be that the former owners had done something nice to it. Since then, with the three of us and our two dogs, it has lost some of its scent appeal. In an effort to retain some of that special fragrance, I've been using a Bath & Body Wallflower plug-in with the cucumber melon scent for a while now. But it's getting to be closer to the holidays and it started me thinking about what smell reminds me of home at the holiday time. There are lots of choices that people say remind them of the holiday season: pine, cinnamon, apples, pumpkin pie, cranberry, and cookies. Often I like the cranberry scent myself, but when I was buying a holiday-themed Wallflower, I chose the Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin refill instead. I plugged it in as I started to type this, and it already smells good in our office. Mmmm pumpkin pie. I'm looking forward to the holidays with my family!

No comments: