One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

#49 - La la la


Tonight I sang (until I almost lost my voice) at an assisted living facility with a group of ladies. (That's me on the far left in this artistic photo.) My band rehearses at a place like this every week, so the new part about this is the singing... I don't remember the last time I sang in performance as an adult. (Sure, I sang at concerts at the University, but I was a student, and that was a totally different type of thing.) We sang mostly old standards like "Do-Re-Mi" and "God Bless America" and projected the words on the wall so people could sing along if they chose. I don't think I'll be doing this again any time soon (and it's a good thing, since I'm really not that great a singer) but it was fun to do something new in performance.

No comments: