One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Sunday, September 30, 2007

#7 - Concert with Friends

This afternoon I was invited to attend a Philharmonic concert with a friend, and yes, I have attended these concerts before. But this particular friend is moving away in a few months and I already miss her... so today's "new thing" is giggling through the concerto with a great friend. The cellist had a particularly spectacular "mean face" as she dramatically played her way through the piece. The violinist was not nearly as expressive with his face, but both musicians did a great job. My favorite part of the concert, though, was hearing them play the Symphonic Dances from "West Side Story." I played a wind ensemble version of that very piece while at the University, and it was great to hear it again. Today's blog post was brought to you by: Grandma, who was willing to babysit during the concert (while my hubby fixed their RV). Thanks, Grandma!!!

No comments: