One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Thursday, September 27, 2007

#4 - Fast-food tongue

Got your attention, didn't I? Well, today I went to lunch at a new fast-food Mexican restaurant. We were wanting Jimboy's but when we got there, it was closed. (My husband says the McD's near his work was closed today too, something about immigration issues?) Anyway, this place is right next to Jimboy's but has menus on the window in Spanish so it must be more authentic, right? Absolutely! You want tongue for lunch? You got it! You want cow's head? Just say the word! This was the first time I'd ever seen these ingredients on a fast-food menu... however, I couldn't bring myself to try them. (I had a chicken burrito, and it was OK.) So much for "new" things - guess being in a new place will have to suffice this time.

No comments: