One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Sunday, December 27, 2009

#416 - Roller Skates

This afternoon, I helped TLG try out his new roller skates in our backyard. There are some great photos of this that I will try to post here after our main computer is up and running again. We strapped TLG into his bike helmet and knee pads and I got behind him to hold under his arms when we first got started... but that meant holding most of his weight as he leaned back onto me. Once I got in front of him, holding his hands, he was able to walk a little - but having wheels on your feet inevitably means falling down. He did eventually fall, which was about enough for this adventure today. These skates are the kind you put on over your shoes, and once he graduates to the next size shoe they won't fit anymore, so I hope he doesn't grow too much before the snow thaws. I have a pair of roller blades and I hope we can skate together!

No comments: