One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Saturday, March 28, 2009

#371 - Landlocked Marina

After we left the movie, we headed someplace else I've never visited: the Sparks Marina. This man-made marina is near I-80 in nearby Sparks, and boy was it crowded on this windy (but sunny) day! There's a nice playground that was crawling with kids, so TLG didn't play there for long. Instead, we wandered down to the "beach" which seemed to me to be so windblown that the dirt under the sand was showing through. TLG loved running up and down the lifeguard stations, which weren't being used at this time of year. We walked down the beach to three different stations before heading back. We didn't stay too long, since the wind was pretty fierce, but we might have to check it out again on a day when we could wade in the water. I wonder how crowded it is in the summertime?

No comments: