One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Saturday, November 29, 2008

#351 - Air Museum



This morning, we visited the Aerospace Museum of California, located next to McClellan Air Force Base. TLG loved seeing the planes up close, especially the ones that you could climb inside (like the one shown in the photo). They had tons of 'em - most were outside, though, so we were lucky to have good weather to enjoy them all. We got a private tour from a volunteer who showed us all around - fortunately it wasn't a busy day at the museum, so our volunteer even opened a specially reconstructed Coast Guard plane to show it to us. TLG got a little tired of all the descriptions of stuff once he had seen the inside of all the planes, so my wonderful hubby and TLG took off, exploring the other displays indoors and re-visiting all the open planes. It was amazing to see the planes up close and personal, since I've only ever seen commercial planes. This museum is not very old, I believe it opened in 2007, and they could use some more visitors, so if you've never been, give it a try.

No comments: