One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

#17 - Happy little trees


I work at an organization that is concerned about finding solutions to all sorts of environmental problems. But until today, we had been lacking the proper recycle bins to partake in this quest at home. So today, for the first time, we recycled glass, plastics, and tin cans in addition to our regular paper and aluminum cans. For most people, this would not be newsworthy. But I had to call and get some new recycling bins delivered to our house, since we used to only have one yellow bin at home, and it's only been a few years since the recycling program was created in our fair city. But now, as you can see, we're set! Our city's recycling program is still far from perfect, but I'm so happy to do our part in reusing whatever we can. It may sound cliche, but I'm even looking forward to helping the little guy learn how he can help to recycle household stuff, too.

No comments: