One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Sunday, February 14, 2010

#428 - Biking

Yes, today was Valentine's Day, but we most of our V-Day celebration was all things we've done before. So I'll share today's new thing instead: this morning, my wonderful hubby fixed up my 10-speed bike's tires (the same bike I've had since I bought it at age 10) so I could ride with The Little Guy. TLG was thrilled, since that meant I could ride next to him instead of walking/jogging to keep up. *Note: we took photos/video, but haven't downloaded them yet... hopefully soon. TLG has training wheels so doesn't need help actually riding his own bike, but our court has a little bend in it and I like to see him at all times, just in case. We had a great 20-minute ride up-and-back, up-and-back, wash, rinse, repeat. I tried to see if he wanted to go around the corner and into our neighborhood a little more, but so far the answer is no. My bike does need a new seat (the padding in this old one is basically flat!) and some work on the brakes, but for something that's been around so long it worked pretty well. The last time I rode it was at least five years ago, and before that... well, I think I was still a kid myself. I hope TLG and I can get lots of riding in this spring/summer, and once my hubby's knee is all healed up (from his recent surgery) maybe he'll join us.

No comments: