One New Thing Every Day

From the day I turned 29, I tried to do one new thing a day... it took a few extra months, but I did it! Now I'll post new things randomly as I try them.

Friday, October 30, 2009

#393 - Toy Story

Let me share with you today's "toy story": Grammy and Papa sent TLG $5 in a Halloween card this week, and we talked with him about how much that could buy in a store. We told him he could buy anything he wanted. He said he wanted a Buzz Lightyear toy, so knowing that they've re-released Toy Story toys, the two of us headed to a Wal-Mart Supercenter (guaranteed to have more toys to choose from than the regular Wal-Mart we usually shop in). And once we arrived, I told him he could take as long as he wanted to choose his toy. We spent an entire hour in the toy department, exploring and learning about price tags and how much things cost. It was actually the highlight of my day - we talked about the numbers on the price tags, and we walked every single isle of the toy department from bikes to Barbie dolls. It was fascinating to watch him play with every toy he could reach, discover new kinds of toys, and see what got him excited. I got lots of great ideas for his birthday and Christmas!
After learning the Toy Story toys cost quite a bit more than he had to spend, he spent the longest time in the Hot Wheels section, choosing the right one. He finally chose an "American Grafitti" collectors 1958 Corvette that came in a special display case. He loves it so much, he took it to bed with him this evening like a stuffed animal. The little man loves his cars!

No comments: